Thursday, November 20, 2008

There's hope.



As a parent I think there are few times in life when you get validation from your child that you are doing a good job. Zak just turned 12 in October and he is definatly a tweeny. He thinks he can do what he wants when he wants and a lot of times it is very frustrating.

Today, Zak got home from school and told me they were in the locker room after PE and Jamie one of the boys in the class pushed Dustin another boy up against the lockers. Zak said he grabbed Jamie and took him out in the hall and said "You're going to see a teacher." I thought wow. He is listening and he is responsible. It was a proud moment.

Another thing that I think is pretty cool, Zak as everyone knows is a huge sports nut and especially likes football and the Pittsburgh Steelers. A couple of years ago we went to an ISU football game. I knew one of the players and pointed him out during warm ups. Just before the game started TC the player I knew and some other players knelt in the middle of the field and prayed. I pointed this out to Zak and we both thought it was pretty cool. Since then he has been pointing out to me when the NFL players are praying together. Last week after one of the games there was a group of players from both teams kneeling and praying together. Just that he notices that they are giving praise to God is awesome.

Maybe he'll turn out ok after all.

1 comment:

TipToe through the Tulip said...

IT's good to know there is till hope for him.

About Me

My photo
My name is Klarice and I’m and ex-Mormon. Many years ago someone stepped out in faith and shared God’s love and message of His saving grace with me. I now have the opportunity to do the same. I am wife to an amazing man and mother of 4 of the most amazing kids in the world. I have a Master’s Degree in Social Work from Boise State University and work at a job that I love. I feel blessed to have the life that I have and am grateful for the opportunity to share my story. I pray that God will take my story and use it to build His kingdom.